ANNOUNCEMENT : INVITATION TO ATTEND
PGPO CONFERENCE AND EXHIBITION
EXPOSE WAR CRIMES: CRIMINALISE WAR
5th -7th FEBRUARY 2007
PUTRA WORLD TRADE CENTRE
The Perdana Global Peace Organisation is organizing a conference cum Exhibition entitled EXPOSE WAR CRIMES: CRIMINALISE WAR from 5th to 7th February 2007 from 8.30am. to 5.30pm. at the Putra World Trade Centre, Kuala Lumpur. The Conference will be held at Dewan Merdeka, PWTC while the Exhibition, which will be extended to February 11 2007, will be held at Dewan Tun Razak Hall 4.
This Conference and Exhibition is the continuation of our efforts to publicise and garner as much support as possible to the Kuala Initiative to Criminalise War which was launched by Tun Dr. Mahathir Mohamed in December 2005.
The objectives of this Conference and Exhibition are:
- To educate and enlighten participants and visitors that wars are wantonly destructive and essentially unnecessary.
- To inculcate a general abhorrence for war and conflict such that war mongers should be held accountable for their crimes against humanity.
- To challenge whatever general sense of apathy still exists today.
- To instill the advocacy of ‘No War but Peace’ and ‘Make War History’.
- To highlight the role of the War Crimes Tribunal in ensuring justice for the international community
- To provide space for debate, discussion and sharing of thoughts on this crucial issue that threatens human extinction.
The War Crimes exhibition would be the first of its kind to be held in a Muslim country and will highlight atrocities committed in Bosnia, Iraq, Palestine, Lebanon, Vietnam and not forgetting the nuclear devastation in Hiroshima and Nagasaki. An interactive exhibition, visitors would be exposed also to the horrors of the tortures inflicted on detainees held in the Abu Ghraib and Guantanamo prisons.
We have also assembled an internationally renowned panel of speakers to address the delegates gathered here from all over the world. The following have confirmed their acceptance to speak at the Conference.
The final programme schedule will be posted on this website as soon as other speakers submit their confirmations. Please download the accompanying registration form and fax it on or before Jan 20 2007 to:
Ms. Veron : 03-4042 9469
Registration is on a first come, first serve basis, so do register early. All enquiries could be directed to the following:
Ms. Veron : 016-306 8848
Mr. Loy : 019-225 2368
Ms. Joanne : 03-40412920
Ms. Juana :012-226 7286
Dr. Zulaiha : 019-384 3913 Email: email@example.com
|Click here to download Registration Form.|